Thursday, June 10, 2010

Almost a year

Its been almost a year since I last posted... I miss it, I miss it alot. Funny how the last post was our Disney Cruise, as we are going again in two weeks.

The last year... its been a tough one...
It is really really hard to be a mother of 4, a wife, work full time, and try to recover from eating disorder/depression.

Well the truth is out. Not all meds are created the same, I have tried several different ones, and I thik we have a winning combination. I was ashamed to be on meds before, but I have to get over it. They make me function and feel better.

Summary on the Kids:
Luke- gets language and speech therapy in school. Just started playing basktball. Loves swimming and beatig up his brother and sisters, can kick anybodys' butt in x-box. He is scared of the Wii. is trying to ride a big boy bike, but his gross motor skills aren't there yet. He is smart, loving and very quick. And enjoys helping Daddy plant flowers.

Sarah- A true daddy's girl. Does not leave the house without her purse. Adores potty training, can not stand breaking a sweat. Se loves the pool, but will not leave the built in shelf. She has the most gorgeous hair. She takes after me as she loves to shop and help mommy make pancakes. Can not stand sharing a room with Lily as "Lily mess up my room again". Always has her cellphone and keys and is ready to go to target.

Gabe- my true baby. Finanlly got rid of the passifer a month ago. He also has speech and language problems, and has the smae teacher now Luke had last year. He talks non stop, but I feel bad as I can not understand a word he says. He LVES Luke, he is Luke's sidekick, and my little cuddlebug. Still unsure about the whole give me a kiss (gives you his head so you can kiss him)

Lily- Ah Princess Tiger Lily- she is fiesty. I have the most problems adjusting to Lily. She is extremely intelligent, but emotionally under-developed. Therapist says its post traumatic stress and it will take time, but I hate myself when I get SO angry at her. One on One she is a dream child. Hugs kisses. She can almost read, speaks perfectly. She can sing her ABCs and most nursery rhymes. She is a barrel of energy. She goes to sleep around 10 and is up at 6. She loves to swim and dance. She i also a Luke sidkick. Her favorite past time is jumping on Sarah's bed when she is trying to sleep

1 comment:

  1. I followed your previous blogs thru the adoption of the kids and have checked back several times in the past year looking for an update...Glad to hear things are well....four kids are a handful alone not to mention when added with full time work and the running around for Dr appointments and the speech therapy...be strong and continue to keep us updated. Positive thoughts being sent your way...

    ReplyDelete